Sunday, November 20, 2016

Color Dare 220 - Happy Birthday




For this week's Color Dare challenge, I made a fun birthday card with the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.

To make this card:

  • Cut a 2.25" border found on page 66 in Colonial White and save the "honeycomb middles"
  • Sponge the border with Poppy,Saffron and New England Ivy inks.  Lay the border on the bottom portion of the card to line up the "middles" and mount those in the honeycomb pattern
  • Attach the border to the card
  • Use the thin cut for "happy" in Pomegranate paper
  • Stamp "birthday" in Pomegranate ink on Saffron paper and dovetail the end
  • Add a few clear sparkles for a little bling
Thanks for stopping by, if you'd like to check out more of what Close To My Heart has to offer, check out my website.


5 comments:

  1. Wow....love your positive/negative background. Very clever! Great use of the color dare colors. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sponging on your die cut. Thanks for playing at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love how you did the background with the hexagons. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I love how you used both the cuts of the diagonals on your card...very creative. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful honeycomb card! I love how you used every bit of the Artbooking overlay. Your sponged diecut is so pretty. Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at the Color Dare blog.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...