Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Color Dare 208 - Thanks

For this week's Color Dare challenge, I used a mix of old and new Close To My Heart products to create this card that will be one of the options at an upcoming Card Buffet workshop I'm holding to celebrate National Stamping month that's coming up in September.  I started by embossing a card front with the Quatrefoil embossing folder and used seam binding ribbon for added texture.  Next I cut out the title pieces using the Artiste Cricut Cartridge design found on page 65 in both White Daisy and Lagoon paper and stamped the title in Lagoon ink. Next up was to cut the flower vase from Juniper paper using the design on page 54 of the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and I stamped the vase in Juniper ink with a distresssed background stamp and Juniper pigment ink then applied clear embossing powder and heat set it for some shine.

I stamped flowers in Thistle and Pixie ink using stamps from "Have a Happy Day" and "Beloved Bouquet" stamp sets on scrap White Daisy paper then fussy cut them out.  I mounted everything on the card front then used the new shimmer pen to add sparkle to the flowers.


Color Dare 208
Thanks for stopping by, you can check out lots of great products from Close To My Heart to create your own craft projects on my website.

6 comments:

  1. Nice card! That embossed background adds so much great texture to the card. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your CAS style card! Great floral choice and sentiment choice! Thanks for playing along with us again at the Color Dare blog.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, Good luck with your card buffet. This is a really cute card. Thanks for being a regular participant at the Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great mix of the old and the new! I love the background embossing--it reminds me of wallpaper. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy, I really look forward to your entries each week...you always have such nice CAS approach...love the embossed background...beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us each week at Color Dare, and hope you tune in to this next week's challenge for which our #200 Diamond Winner's selected color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...