Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Color Dare 194 - Bravo card

Color Dare 194

For this week's Color Dare challenge, I broke out the watercolors for this card that gets to show up again at a workshop I'm teaching in early June.

I started with a piece of watercolor paper cut to 3.75" x 5" and masked off the squares with some washi tape torn in half to give the squares a more jagged look.  I just eyeballed my sections, if you want to break out a ruler to get them more precise....go for it!


Then I gave the whole thing a quick "once over" with plain water and used the Sapphire blue on the top two rows and switched to Crystal Blue for the bottom half of the page. Go ahead and leave the washi tape on while it dries to keep it nice and flat.


Once the base is dry, remove the washi tape and mask the right side of the card with a piece of scrap paper.  Use the splatter technique with black ink on the left side of the card.  Once the whole piece is dry, stamp the title and mount the watercolor paper on a piece of Sapphire blue paper and mount on your card base.




Supplies used:

Watercolor paints, brushes and paper


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...