Sunday, March 20, 2016

Color Dare 185 - Easter Card

Color Dare 185
 This week when the color dare colors were posted I knew right away this was the inspiration for my Easter cards this year.  So, I pulled out my Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge and cut out the card with the Easter egg on the front but couldn't just let the pieces left on the Cricut mat go to waste so I used them in a second generation card.  Then I had a problem because I couldn't decide which one to link up to the challenge so I had my husband pick and he chose the second generation card with the cotton candy background because "it has more pop" in his opinion.

First Generation
Second Generation

These were fun cards to make. Here are the instructions used for the first generation card:
  • Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge - cut card image on page 41 at 5.5" in White Daisy
  • Artiste Cricut Cartridge - cut grass image on page 73 at .75" in Topiary
  • White Daisy - cut to 4" x 5.5" as the liner for the card front; trace the egg outline onto this sheet
  • Working from top down, fill in the egg color details:
    • Topiary scrap of paper
    • Cotton Candy ink over White shimmer trim
    • Glacier paper scrap (I used a left over piece from the Blossom paper pack)
    • Sponge 2 mini eggs with Cotton Candy; use masking technique to apply dots in Glacier ink to 2 eggs and Topiary stripes on the last egg (I used the Packages, Boxes and Tags stamp set for this part.)
    • Cotton Candy paper strip (I used a left over piece from the Lollydoodle paper pack)
    • Ink Sweet Leaf in the bottom section (I used pigment ink and heat set with clear embossing powder for a little shine.)
  • Assemble the card and use the Happy Easter title that comes with the Artfully Sent Cricut collection.

Now on to the second generation card, you end up with leftover pieces on the Cricut mat.  Apply a layer of 2 sided adhesive while they are laying on the mat. You can then lift the pieces off the mat without messing up their positioning.  Color all the pieces while they are still on the mat; trim around them in place and then trace the whole set onto White Daisy.  Transfer your pieces to the egg shape and mount on a piece of Cotton Candy paper, layer with the grass and stamp your title on a scrap of White Daisy.  I rounded the left corners to match the egg shape.

Here's some pictures to show the "mat" process:

Egg pieces left on mat
Cover with two sided adhesive


Lifted off mat and ready to color

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...